Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
Kairos Learning specializes in providing a variety of services to individuals, teams and organizations using the Myers Briggs Types Indicator® (MBTI). MBTI® assessment, based on Jung’s theory of psychological type, is the best-known and most trusted personality assessment tool available today. The assessment can be used as a tool for personal growth, understanding self and others, enhancing communications, and better collaboration with colleagues and team members.
MBTI® for Individuals
Knowing your personality type, as measured through the MBTI® instrument, can help you with career planning at every stage, including initial positions in the workforce to advancing in your organization to changing careers later in life.
The MBTI® is a standard self-assessment tool for individual career counseling. The MBTI® can help individuals identify preferred career fields and work environments, as well as career satisfiers, based on their type’s personality style.
Kairos Learning appointments to work with the MBTI®:
- In a 60- or 90-minute appointment, a Kairos Learning career counselor will interpret the assessment results with the client and explore next steps for self-assessment or career exploration.
- The MBTI® Type Profile Report + Introduction to Careers booklet or the MBTI® Career Report are the two most popular reports requested.
- Career counseling sessions can be provided in-person (in selected locations), by phone or online.
- Clients take the assessment online prior to the session.
- Fees depend on length of the appointment + type of interpretative report(s) and/or MBTI® booklet selected.
MBTI® with Teams
Type can be introduced into an organization to support many functions and situations including: managing others, development of leadership skills, conflict resolution, change management, and other more customized needs.
The MBTI® assessment can be a catalyst for team members to begin a conversation about the similarities and differences in their styles. It is the foundation on which the members begin to understand one another in different ways and learn about their team and individual types. When participants understand their type preferences, they can approach their own work in a manner that best suits their style, including how they manage their time, problem solving, decision making, project management, sales, and stress. Knowledge of type can also help employees deal with workplace culture, development of new skills, understanding of their participation on teams, and coping with change in the workplace.
Kairos Learning’s approach to working with teams and the MBTI®:
- Kairos Learning works with intact or cross functional teams, departments and organizations to look at issues around change, communication, conflict, project management, job satisfaction, team dynamics, stress, and leadership. We design and deliver customized workshops or team building sessions for onsite meetings, conferences, and off-site retreats.
- Typical team building session length is 3 to 4 hours and provides: an overview of the MBTI®, discussion of individual reports and types, analysis of the team’s type, and a few experiential exercises to demonstrate how type plays out in the team or organization.
- A full day team building session allows more time to review participants’ reports, focus on specific team issues (i.e. change, stress, leadership) and explore type temperaments.
- Participants take the assessment online prior to the workshop.
- Fees depend on length of the program + number of participants + type of interpretative report and MBTI® booklets selected.
Kairos Learning works with executives and high potential managers using the MBTI® as the tool for personal insights into their work style, communication style, and approach to leadership. We also explore how to adapt their management style based on their team members’ types for greater productivity and success.
- Coaching services can be provided in-person, by phone or online.
- We can use the MBTI® Step II for deeper exploration of the individual’s type if desired.
Training Classes Using the MBTI®
Kairos Learning workshops on the MBTI® will teach participants about several layers of type theory including the 16 types, 4 temperaments, type dynamics, and type development. Our courses also include experiential learning components, which allows for a deeper understanding of how type plays out in people interactions.
A sampling of course titles includes:
- MBTI® & Communications
- Using the MBTI® Lens for Change Management
- MBTI® & Leadership Styles
- What Makes Us Tick: Understanding Our Personal and Professional Relationships Through Myers-Briggs
- MBTI® Genograms: A Type Lens For Looking At Your Family
Have you taken the MBTI recently? Contact us to take the assessment and jump into a whole new world of self understanding.